Thursday, October 27, 2005

A Frazzled Ballerina And The Redhead With Green Eyes

dancemumThe Reign of Ellen is full of little gems.

I was hooked as soon as I saw that frazzled little mum dancing around with her balloon that was burst by the time I got to the bottom of the page. That little lady just about sums it up for everyone, not just mums. One day she's up there flying and the next - all she's got is that damn deflated balloon.

Hey and Ellen's posts are good too. It's family life, warts an' all. It's, above all else, real and that's what I like. Go and see for yourself why I'm hooked and while you're clicking links make sure you have a read of Ellen's other page.

Willard Wigan

willard wiganIf you haven't seen this guy's work read on and then hold your breath and take a look at Willard Wigan's tiny sculptures.

He's the guy who can "create a masterpiece in the eye of a sewing needle, on the head of a pin, the tip of an eyelash or a grain of sand. Some are many times smaller than the fullstop at the end of this sentence."

The BBC page about him provides fascinating background reading and Willard's own site has information about him and pictures of some of his work.

"I challenged myself once, I went down to two microns. I got a floating fibre out of the air and started to do five ballerinas on it. It took me a couple of months to get so far and then I remember breathing in and seeing nothing there! I'd inhaled the work. I've got ballerinas in my stomach. I keep standing on my tip-toes, don't know what's causing that?"

Follow the links - the guy's work is unbelievable.

Zazzafooky

I've posted about my dubious love affair with the lady with green eyes and red hair on Tj's page before. Down at the bottom of this page. I also remember learning about all about phone sex from that green eyed redhead. I used to just go over there and just stare at that graphic but now I've got an email that says I can have the lady all to myself on a mouse mat or a bumper sticker. The sun is shining and Rock Radio Live is playing Slade. Life sure is wonderful. smiley
back 

arrow
teomalink