Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Panda Cam

There's a baby panda at Smithsonian National Zoological Park. The little bogger is only 15 weeks old - amazing. Last night he was all on his own but usually his Ma is pretty close. The webcam picture isn't all that good which is a great pity. If you've got RealPlayer visit Animal Planet where you can right click on the picture and open a separate window that doesn't freeze up after 15 minutes.

Night Stalker

Last night I stalked along to the Tulip & Tiara. Usual tottyless Tuesday emptiness, except that there at the bar was film and television composer Oliver Ledbury who was paying a flying visit and soaking up the atmosphere. I expect he'll use the experience as inspiration for a future composition or two - or maybe not. Anyway I managed to discover that the drummer on Night Stalker was Ralph Salmins - but who was the sax player?

It didn't make up for the distinct lack of totty but a bit of culture now and again isn't such a bad thing.

My back pages

Old blue eyes. If you don't fancy that go and visit Last Girl On Earth and listen to Meme. I dedicate it to Ally who set me an impossible task when she tagged me.

I borrowed a power washer

I borrowed a power washer. It seemed like the thing to do. Well the block paving front and back of the house has changed color but the house has changed color too. It's now whitish with thick black globs randomly dispersed over the whitishness and the windows and the doors and next door's walls and their classic, red, used to sparkle, two seater, Mercedes sports car and I am mud colored from head to foot. My clothes are on the kitchen floor next to a pile of sand that wasn't there when I started and I'm frantically trying to work out what I'm going to do to clear up the mess before she with ants in her pants gets back. Oh shit!

This originally appeared in yesterday's post but I've moved it here to remind me to sort out the mess and I didn't want it sitting under Ed McBain.

back 

arrow
teomalink