Saturday, October 15, 2005

A Year Ago

As of today Milt is one year old. The amazing thing about all this is that he has already had a present. Call it a coincidence or call it fate. Call it what you will. It happened. I'd like to thank anyone and everybody who has ever popped in to the coffee shop. I packed it all in a couple of times for about an hour but I'm afraid that it has become a way of life.

A year ago I was drinking in and writing about the Hole In The Ground bar. And it's true - nothing ever changes - except that the bar is under new management again. Three times in six months and I haven't been inside it since February.

I had this thing about Bush and Blair then and now it's got worse. I really can't watch the bastards on television or listen to them on radio. I certainly wouldn't trust either of them with anything to do with world affairs and I wouldn't buy either of them a drink. Sorry George I forgot and Tony I really am not impressed by what you "think or believe".

Back then, a year ago, I hoped that Iraq would settle down and hoped that B&B would be proved right. Fat chance.

What really mattered was that I was able to spend the occasional evening talking to intelligent people about things that didn't cause suffering.

Anyhow I spent that evening, a year ago, in the Hole in the Ground Bar and a strange woman attached herself to my back. She was very drunk and eventually disappeared without trace although she was spotted on two further occasions, once piddling in the street. I don't know where she went or what happened to her but I doubt whether national or local politics will have made her life any better. A sad reflection on today's society.

I think that anyone who reads that first post will recognize it as being a Milt post. It's the way I am. The way I view life. I can spot talent in others and suffering too, a mile off. If I had anything about me I would be able to do something to change society. As it is, I'm a spotter not a fixer. I'll have to leave the fixing to bastards like Bush and Blair. As I said before - Fat Chance!

Meanwhile I'll continue to produce trivia and to read and to talk to real people.

back 

arrow
teomalink