Monday, October 17, 2005

Stallions & Gas Prices

If you want a stallion in the bedroom, best not count on me - I've got a bike, a lawnmower and a car but no stallion.

I'd like to thank Dewayne Knutson for his generous offer but 36 hours of e rectiions sounds painfully excessive to me, even for a stallion, no wonder there are so many geldings around. What I'd really like Duayne is a brood mare.

I know that stallions, geldings and mares don't run on gas unless you give them the wrong feed, so maybe a horse would be a cheaper means of transport. Better strike that - I've just looked up brood mare prices and noticed that the young ones are a lot more expensive than the older ones. Sounds about right - they always are.

If you want to check current gas prices for your area in the US or Canada have a look at Gasbuddy.com - it's updated regularly.

Banned books

No wonder the World's all screwed up! We're reading the wrong books or we should be.

Two books on the top 10 banned authors list caused problems for me. I remember trying to help a boy who was struggling with a literature course. The biggest problem he had was that his parents refused to let him read Steinbeck's Of Mice And Men because of "All the bad language." I assumed they were referring to George's use of "Crazy bastard." Not so. He agreed to open the book to show me what was preventing him reading it. He pointed to "Jesus Christ Lennie." I couldn't even get him to write a piece about the book from his own religious viewpoint.

I had more of a problem trying to understand the viewpoint of the young lady who refused to read Harper Lee's To Kill A Mockingbird. She had decided it was racist because it contained the word "nigger" and nothing I said to her would get her to think otherwise.

back 

arrow
teomalink