Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Old Blue Eyes

Tuesday

Another wet and gloomy day today. Woke up and realised I had to go to the optician's to get my new contact lenses checked. I knew I should have stayed in last night rather than visit my local bar, The Hole in the Ground. Hate to think what the guy is going to see when he peers into my bloodshot eyeballs. Still, he gets paid well for it.

I now appear to have one blue eye and one even bluer eye - they should be brown. The optician said it didn't matter. Who am I to argue?

I spent the rest of the day carpeting the inside of the Garrard's plinth. I was going to build a new plinth but decided to see what difference, if any, damping the inside of the current box would make. So far I'm well pleased with it but as I pointed out before, it's hard to be sure when all you can hear between tracks is the sound of flushing toilets. Having said that, the bass is much cleaner and better defined.

I've got a Shure audio check LP. There's a blank, grooveless, track to check anti-skate settings. What a game that was.

Raul's just emailed me a link to get on Google. Seems he wants me exposed to the World. Not sure I share his enthusiasm.

back 

arrow
teomalink