Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Shoes, Hindu Temples & Spam

Track of the day Once (excerpt) - Nerve Engine.

hindu_temple_tividale

The plumber has been and the leaky pipe is fixed.
Whitevan man turned up on the doorstep bearing the gift of a new breadmaker courtesy of the young lady in the customer service department at Morphy Richards.
Last night's perpetrator of 350 spam emails seems to have moved on to pastures new, either that or the compromised computer out there has been cleansed - so one way or another I'm feeling much perkier than I was last night.

Until disaster struck, yesterday had been good by Bogsville standards. Little Chinese dentist and her assistant beamed at me and assured me that they were in a good mood because I was their next patient and wanted to know when I was going to take photographs of them. I made them an offer for next week.
I wandered around a shoeshop and tried on loads of pairs of shoes before walking out shoeless.
Just as well really because I spent the rest of the morning visiting the biggest Hindu Temple in Europe.
I watched Police draining a canal lock and finding nothing and then I bought some recordable DVDs.

It was the DVDs that did it. Everything went downhill rapidly from that point on. Buffer overrun messages on the computer screen and recorded DVDs with nothing on them. A change of software later I was still having problems with overruns and then the landslide of emails started.
It got so bad that I had to unplug the modem so that I could get rid of what had come in so far and check that I hadn't got a bug in the computer that was generating all the traffic.
I'd got part way through doing that when Mrs B. brought the good news of a flood of hot water in the kitchen.
I eventually bog eyed and stiff necked my way to bed at 1:15am and fell asleep thinking about little Chinese dentists.

logo_leeds_uk_heavymetal_rock_band_nerve engine.
Nerve Engine Gig Photo Gallery

back 

arrow
teomalink