Sunday, October 01, 2006

Thirteen Magpies

Track of the day Thirteen Women - Bill Haley.

13 magpies

One for sorrow, two for joy
Three for a girl and four for a boy
Five for silver, six for gold
Seven for a secret never to be told.

I knew there were a lot of magpies up there in the sky but I didn't know how many until I saw them in the photograph.

After much research, looks like I'm in for a busy and eventful week -

One for sorrow,
two for mirth,
three for a wedding,
four for birth,
five for rich,
six for poor,
Seven for a witch,
I can tell you no more.

Yet another version -

One for sadness, two for mirth;
Three for marriage, four for birth;
Five for laughing, six for crying:
Seven for sickness, eight for dying;
Nine for silver, ten for gold;
Eleven a secret that will never be told.

I think I'll give seven and eight a miss.

logo_leeds_uk_heavy metal_rock_band_nerve engine.
back 

arrow
teomalink