Wednesday, September 20, 2006

A Must Have Accessory

Track of the day Phoenix (excerpt) - Nerve Engine.

painters_decoratorsLadders are rapidly becoming a must have, accessory round Bogsville Heights. The pro decorators moved in to paint a house just down the road so I went along to get some ladder tips.
Tip number one - don't ask decorators for tips.
"Doesn't the ladder slide backwards when you're at the top?
No. We stick a bag of sand against it.
"
And that was the sum total of what I got out of those two experts. The bag of sand didn't look big enough to stop anything sliding.
I've decided to park Volvo up against the bottom of my ladder. Even if someone drove the car away I'd have plenty of time to get off before the ladder started sliding. Ask any of the cyclists who beat me away from the lights.

Admission

I haven't been up the ladder today. Apart from an hour playing about with some wood filler I haven't done anything. Oh well tomorrow is another day. Tonight I will mingle with the intelligentsia down at the Pig & Plonker.

logo_leeds_uk_heavy metal_rock_band_nerve engine.
back 

arrow
teomalink