Sunday, September 24, 2006

Nerve Engine Crash Pad

Track of the day Phoenix (excerpt) - Nerve Engine.

kris_nerve_engine

The Nerve Engine band bus rolled up at Bogsville Heights yesterday in search of a crash pad. The bank note snatching lady from the Pig & Plonker would have been well impressed but she wasn't invited.
We went along to the gig and yes, these bands do play very loud. Mrs B stuffed my rock band earplugs into her ears and I relied on the sound cancelling earphones plugged into the portable DAT recorder. I would hear the gig later in glorious digital stereo. Eventually I unplugged the phones from the machine, left it in the safe hands of Mrs B and went off to take photographs - you can see them here.
The end result was that I wandered around in a totally silent world snapping everything in sight. Silence was ok, I'd be able to listen to the gig when I got home.
Unfortunately I had pressed the wrong button on the recorder and when we got back to Bogsville the tape was blank. Things like that happen to me.
The band left this afternoon. Bogsville Heights is as empty as a new Dat tape again and there is no sign that Nerve Engine were ever here, except for a bruised cherry tree outside in the road.

logo_leeds_uk_heavy metal_rock_band_nerve engine.
back 

arrow
teomalink