Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Sneezing Ladies

Track of the day - Sex In The Morning - Prince Edward Island.

sneezeYou should never underestimate the power of the human sneeze or, come to that, overestimate the strength of fasteners on close fitting clothing.

Last night in search of sneezing ladies wearing close fitting summer clothing, I wandered along to the Hole in the Ground bar. My first visit this year.
Outside was a large sign announcing the New Indian Kitchen. I wasn't aware that there had been an old Indian Kitchen. Must have been after the smoking ban came into force.

There were no ladies at all in the pub, just four old men watching adverts on a big screen TV. I should have left right there and then.

"Sorry we're out of this and out of that," the manager said. "We have got Carlsberg," he said pointing at a pull clearly marked ice cold Bulmers.
On the front of the pull someone had stuck a piece of paper. The biro written message on it read Carlsbug.
I asked for Carlsbug.

"I haven't seen you for a long time," he said.
"No one's seen me for a long time," I replied, "and it'll probably be a long time before any one sees me again."

He explained that there was very little to drink in the pub because he no longer orders the drinks.
The owner's son places the orders.
As neither the owner nor his son does a regular stock check or works in the pub...
Exactly.
Yet another pub with no beer which is just what you don't want when Bogsville's Summer has been crammed into the last three days and nights.
I drank two pints of Carlsbug then the Carlsbug ran out. So did I.

back 

arrow
teomalink