Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wild Bore

Track of the day - All Over Bar The Shouting - Prince Edward Island.

open signThis morning the butcher's shop at the end of the road was advertising Wild Bore. I assume he meant Wild Boar but you never know round here.

There were two dark blue undertaker vans nearby, both marked Private Ambulance. Hope it wasn't another delivery of Wild Bore to the butcher's shop.
Luckily today is Friday so we'll be having fish.

I know that they're running out of burial space in the local cemetery but I don't think the local butcher's is the answer.

There's obviously a nationwide problem with finding spaces for the dearly departed because a headline in last Sunday's newspaper read

Dead man 'hit by train'.
Another case of illegal dumping I thought but as usual I was wrong. Turned out that the man wasn't dead at all until the train hit him. Yes I guess that would do it. Did it for a friend of mine last April and he was always pissed off by redundant adjectives too.

Someone just pushed a piece of paper through the letter box. Printed on it in large red letters were the words "New Car Wash Open!".

I don't know why they bothered to push it through my door because it's quite obvious that Volvo is anything but "New".

It's about time someone gave a thought for people with old cars.



back 

arrow
teomalink