Thursday, September 07, 2006

Omed Aziz

Track of the day Get Off My Cloud - Rolling Stones.

eye_ballAccording to stories I read in the Bogsville Bugle, a lot of local drivers possess neither insurance nor a licence so I wasn't unduly surprised by a recent local report about a 31 year old Iraqi driver, Omed Aziz, who had no insurance cover.

Omed pulled over after police had tailed his Peugeot for half a mile along Oldbury Ringway at speeds up to 35mph and had successfully negotiated two roundabouts and a corner.

Pc Austin said: "I attempted to speak to the driver, who appeared to be fumbling around with the controls. At that point, the passenger leaned across and stated ‘He’s blind’. We asked him to step out of the vehicle, which he did eventually, and then Pc Edge questioned him as to his eyesight, at which point he removed his glasses."
Pc Austin, was asked if he noticed anything when the driver removed his glasses.
He replied, "I did - he didn’t have any eyes."

Sounds like Guinness Book of Records stuff to me.

It's all the more confusing because flying blind is apparently to be lauded. Perhaps someone should get that Iraqi guy a plane. No, on reflection that might not be one of my better ideas.

logo_leeds_uk_heavy metal_rock_band_nerve engine.
back 

arrow
teomalink