Sunday, August 27, 2006

Whatever Turns You On

Track of the day Phoenix (exerpt) - Nerve Engine.

fireworksThis year the annual pyrotechnical bombardment of Bogsville started on the 26th August. If last year is anything to go by it will continue throughout September, October and November and reach its climax at Christmas or the New Year. If it carries on like this I'll have to dig up the dogs and bring them inside.

Mrs B is in the frozen north attending a wedding. I can only assume that she's up there researching how it should be done. On Monday she rolls back into Bogsville for a few days before jetting back up there a week on Friday for an all girls class reunion. Now that's the kind of class reunion that appeals to me but I haven't been invited.

Last night I watched a guy pay a thousand pounds for a camera and lens on eBay. The price was £400 when I started watching and I was interested in taking part until the bids reached £800. The 'winner' could have got a brand new, retail version of the same camera and lens combination for an extra £77. I think I'd have to be saving 20% before I spent that much but you never know, you sort of get carried away with the 'I've got to win at all costs' thingy. It would probably save me a great deal of money if I spent the night in a bar.

The truth is out. Cliff Richard offered Blair a Summer break at his pad in Barbados because he looked "dwindled and haggard" during the war in Iraq. As far as I'm concerned anyone who gives the go ahead for death and destruction deserves to look exceedingly tired and haggard. I've never started a war and I look tired and haggard Cliff, how about offering me a holiday?

According to Cliff the dynamic duo enjoy the occasional game of tennis,
"We don't play games, we just hit balls. He's very good. He has the most ferocious forehand and a good serve."
Whatever turns you on I suppose.


logo_leeds_uk_heavy metal_rock_band_nerve engine.
back 

arrow
teomalink