Thursday, August 17, 2006

I'm Beginning To Get Tense

Track of the day Summertime - Joshua Redman.

brace_position_flyingI'm beginning to get tense at the thought of flying back to Bogsville.

A leisurely evening stroll to Barcelona's waterfront ended in total disaster. The heavens opened and left us trapped by rising floodwater in a harbourside bar. The owner, stripped to the waist for action, insisted on us staying even though he was closed. I kept wishing that he would put his vest back on.

After an hour, the rain stopped so we made our excuses and ran for the bus-stop. Standing there in the dark Mrs B was attacked by a large cockroach that climbed onto her besandled left foot to escape the rising waters. What a fuss she made about that! In the confusion I stood on the unfortunate roach even though I couldn't see it and the flattened roach is now a permanent feature of the Barcelona waterfront.

Thanks to the topless bar owner we had missed the last bus so the cockroach's death was an unfortunate mistake. I expect it will be reincarnated as something more attractive. I hope so because I'd hate to think it held a grudge.


logo_leeds_uk_heavy metal_rock_band_nerve engine.
back 

arrow
teomalink