Saturday, August 05, 2006

May, July & August Now Cancelled

Track of the day Voice In The Widerness - Cliff Richard.

cancelledTony Blair's National Health Service let me down again. My May appointment at Bogsville's eye hospital was cancelled and rearranged for July. July's appointment was cancelled at the last minute and rearranged for August 7th.

Yesterday I got a letter telling me that I had a progress examination scheduled for early September.

That's cool, I thought.

With hindsight, it seemed a bit excessive so I phoned to point out that I now had two appointments within a three week period. Best to report the fact so that someone else could be offered one of my appointments.

It took three hours to get through on the phone. It seems that there is only one line going into the eye hospital and only one secretary to answer the calls.

She said,
"The new appointment is to replace the August appointment Mr Bogs. August has been cancelled."
I pointed out that my last two appointments had also been cancelled at the last minute.
"I know Mr Bogs. You've now had three cancelled appointments. If we don't have enough medical staff the rules state that we can cancel up to three appointments. As you have now had three cancellations, I can assure you that you won't get a further cancellation this year."

May was cancelled, July was cancelled and now August has been cancelled, all at the last minute. Just as well I wasn't planning on going anywhere this year. Not that anyone in the NHS cares.

P.S Enjoy your holiday Mr Blair. Sorry to hear you had to give up a couple of days to "sort out" the Middle East. Why not holiday in Beirut or Baghdad? There used to be good hotels in both those cities.

Cliff Richard

I thought I'd post a track to remind Islander of the Milano coffee bar and Janice and one of Cliff's minor hits. I expect Tone knows all the words. He's just full of that lurv for all mankind stuff.


logo_leeds_uk_heavy metal_rock_band_nerve engine.
back 

arrow
teomalink