Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Wi-Fi Internet Radio

Track of the day I Brake For Monster Booty - John Scofield - Uberjam.

wi-fi_internet_radioUPS man delivered a wi-fi internet radio today. Theoretically I now have the choice of 108 jazz radio networks and thousands of other wonderful things that I can feed wirelessly through the system downstairs.

If I can't find anything I want to listen to I can relay the MP3s from my hard drive through it but for some inexplicable reason I spent a large part of the afternoon listening to El Paso public service radio that seemed to be coming from a police car or ambulance. If anyone reading this listens to an interesting local radio station, please let me know the station name so that I can see if I can find it.

The window cleaner turned up this morning after a break of six weeks. We thought he'd fallen off his ladder but it transpires that he went to Egypt for a holiday and picked up some dire stomach disorder. That'll teach him to neglect our windows.

The washing machine is clogged with animal hair because Dog decided to pee his neoprene pants just as I was on my way out to see my little Chinese dentist lady and I had to sling loads of his bedding into the Bendix. He's lucky he didn't get slung in there too.

I'm not quite sure why I went to see Chinese dentist today. She chatted for a while and told me to make another two appointments. She really is very nice but it's a hell of a way to go just for a chat. Perhaps I should suggest lunch next time. It's amazing how lust brings out hidden masochistic tendencies in me.

Dog is now resting up in the shade under the pear tree, I've cleared the filter in the washing machine and the wi-fi internet radio is playing 'There's a Boat that's Leaving for New York' from the Miles Davis version of 'Porgy and Bess'. The sun is shining and all's well with the world - temporarily that is. I've even solved yesterday's mystery of "the man on the 'oss". I was quite right, the statue has been moved. It was moved in 1970 something. I really must try to get out more often.


logo_leeds_uk_heavy metal_rock_band_nerve engine
back 

arrow
teomalink