Sunday, July 02, 2006

One For Sorrow Two For Joy

Track of the day Show Me The Way To Go Home.

two magpiesI was sitting in the garden watching two magpies chasing each other around the sky. According to one of the totally useless pearls of wisdom I picked up in childhood from my old granny, one magpie signifies sorrow and two magpies are supposed to signify joy.

As far as I can see this only holds true if you come from Sri Lanka or Portugal because England's cricketers lost the one day series 0 - 5, commonly known as a 'whitewash' and England's soccer team lost to Portugal after penalties. Yet another soccer World Cup exit at the quarter final stage. Bogsville was very quiet last night.

Tomorrow I was supposed to be trotting along to my rearranged eye hospital appointment. They cancelled the May 8 appointment at the last minute and now they've cancelled the July 3 appointment too. They have rearranged that one for August 7 but I expect that will also be cancelled.

IMPORTANT The trust's policy is not to automatically offer further Appointments to patients who fail to let us know they will not be attending.

It would be nice to be able to blame it all on the magpies but I'm going to blame Tony Blair.


logo_leeds_uk_heavy metal_rock_band_nerve engine
back 

arrow
teomalink