Friday, June 30, 2006

Hello Sailor

Track of the day Once - Nerve Engine.

flies_matingI wasted five minutes this morning trying to get a couple of randy flies to uncouple but they seemed blissfully unaware of me.

They refused to move even when I shoved the camera lens at them. I suppose I should have got the fly swatter and flattened the pair of them. Nothing like going out with a bang, or so I'm told.

Out Of Tune

To get the smell of gloss paint out of my nostrils I trotted along to the Hello Sailor arms for a beer. The regular karaoke session was in session. Until last night I had always thought that it was impossible to sing every single note of a song off key but one woman managed it. No that's unfair. It wasn't just one woman, they were all at it.

It reminded me of Les Dawson's piano playing sketches. Even the Elvis impersonator who hides behind the peak of his baseball cap had to give up midway through Old Shep. Perhaps it was the backing tracks that were out of tune.

logo_leeds_uk_heavy metal_rock_band_nerve engine
back 

arrow
teomalink