Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Screamers, Ronaldo & An Answerphone Message

Track of the day The Streets Of London - Ralph McTell.

shrapova_pantsThe woman who temporarily moved in next door is what we used to call a screamer. I hate to think what she and her friend are up to on the other side of the back fence.

I don't hear much of anything very clearly thanks to my tinnitis but some visitors have found it disturbing. You can listen to them here.

Ronaldo dartboard

The Sun newspaper yesterday published a picture of Portuguese footballer Ronaldo and invited readers to 'Give One In The Eye' to Ronaldo. The Hole In The Ground bar had the picture stuck on the dartboard and invited patrons to throw darts at it. We refused. Seems that an English soccer boot in the 'crown jewels' is acceptable but that a Portuguese suggestion to the referee that it's a sending off offence is not. I guess I'm just old fashioned about these things.

Answerphone message

I've finally got it sorted out. I listened to the dentist's answerphone message again to see if the young lady had taken pity on me and changed it. She hadn't. So here in glorious mp3 mono is the message. With the help of digital technology I've finally worked out what the receptionist is saying. This afternoon I'll have to apologise to her.


logo_leeds_uk_heavy metal_rock_band_nerve engine
back 

arrow
teomalink