Thursday, July 13, 2006

Chamonix San Francisco & Washrooms

Track of the day Cracklin' Rose - Neil Diamond.
Thursday is karaoke night at the Hole in the Ground bar so this track is for the prize prat who turns up at 10:15 every Thursday night and does Neil 'bloody' Diamond until everyone else goes home.

Thanks to my wi-fi radio I started the day off listening to Radio Mont Blanc and ended the afternoon in San Francisco with KCSM San Mateo There were also a few hours of test match cricket in between.

The sun was shining and the sky was an unusual clear blue for Bogsville so I lay on my back, closed my eyes and imagined being in France. Not quite the same as the real thing but it'll have to do for now.

The last time I listened to Radio Mont Blanc we were in Chamonix and the clouds went past the apartment block down at street level. If you leaned out of the window you could look down on the tops of them. If the clouds were big, you couldn't see anything at all.

baby_changing_washroomYesterday I found myself in a gents' washroom that was complete with a flower vase and a baby changing facility. It's a sign of the times.

Unfortunately no ladies with babies came in while I was in there but when I came out some battle scarred cleaning lady asked me if anyone else was in there and when I said no, she darted in with her accoutrements to mop up any mess I might have made in there. I had thought of peeing in the flower vase as a sort of protest but decided against it.

electric_dryer_washroomThey think of everything nowadays. Not only did they have a hand dryer but just to the left there was also a second dryer, much lower down the wall. I guess it's for guys who manage a stream powerful enough to bounce back off the urinal and soak their pants.

I don't think I've ever managed that myself but there have been odd occasions when I've forgotten to unzip first and they always manage to fix the taps so that the water shoots out all over the front of your shirt and pants when you wash your hands. Seemed like a great idea to me.


logo_leeds_uk_heavy metal_rock_band_nerve engine
back 

arrow
teomalink