Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Interstate Stanley

Track of the day - Just Keep It Up - JS.

Every now and again I get an email that is addressed to me but isn't meant for me. In March last year I got one from a guy who wrote,
"Here we are at the KOA in Tucumcari, New Mexico. The winds are howling through the canyons, over the mesas and up my pant legs. New Mexico is really a staggeringly beautiful state.

Important safety note...do not put Petrified Wood and Crispy Creme Donuts in the same bag for consumption while driving. Tomorrow we head for the Texas panhandle, and hopefully Oklahoma. From Okie land we head NE as we continue our trek to Cheektowaga.

I'll stay in touch. Consider Highway 40 or the old Route 66 as you ready your lungs and leg muscles."
It was signed - Interstate Stanley

I didn't give it a thought at the time. I'm not sure why it didn't get zapped but it didn't. I spotted it again yesterday and decided to try to find out just who this guy Interstate Stanley is.

james lee stanleyTurns out that Interstate is James Lee Stanley. I'd never heard of James Lee Stanley but I have now because there is a website that fills in all the gaps and promotes a cd All Wood and Stones that he released last year. What caught my eye was that Timothy B. Schmit of Poco and The Eagles fame and ex Monkee, Peter Tork were listed as collaborating on the cd. The tracks are all Mick Jagger and Keith Richards songs. You must go and listen to the samples from the cd All Wood And Stones.

Thanks for the email Interstate. I know it wasn't intended for me but it took me to the cd and I love it.

Another James Lee Stanley link.
back 

arrow
teomalink