Monday, November 22, 2004

On the Mend

Monday.

I collect dog this afternoon. He's still got his chest drain in but he's spending the night here with us. Tomorrow I've got to take him back to the vet's. They have him during the day and we get to have him at night.

I just spoke to the vet who operated on him and she is thrilled to bits with him. Claimed the whole of Bogsville must have heard her shout of relief when she saw him. She said she was worried sick all week-end that he was on the way out. No I know he doesn't look too lively but he was resting when I took this picture.

Dog Post-Op


The hardest bit is that Dog is now a smokeless zone. He has now taken himself off to the kitchen and is crashed out there. I have shut myself away upstairs with the computer and my cigarettes.

Project Cervantes

I got an email from Scotland yesterday from some friends who live near Loch Fyne in Argyllshire.

"Various power companies are submitting proposals to cover the top of just about every available hill with windmills and I have been employed by some local estate owners to manage a campaign (I have called it "Project Cervantes")to stop them. We all started out as being in favour of appropriately sited windfarms but the more you learn about the power industry the more sceptical you become."

I somehow think that we haven't heard the last of this one. The Lamonts will be gathering....

Not sure why but I thought I'd pop this in here.
back 

arrow
teomalink