Friday, November 12, 2004

Bogsville Strikes Back

Friday.

I've been home in Bogsville for just over 24hrs and no sooner do I get the 438 spam crop harvested to an acceptable five genuine mails than I get Raul moaning because of my lousy writing he could be mistaken for a female Czech baggage X-Ray operative. Not much chance of that Raul, well not by me anyway. I would have let her search through my anythings anytime.

The section that is causing the problem is as follows, "We all got frisked at the airport and I had to open my bag. Raul assures me that the X-Ray machine showed what appeared to be a firearm in my bag."

These words are followed by,"Anyway after she had marveled at the contents of my toilet bag she told me to clear off.....". Raul thinks that this could cause problems for my readership and I agree so I have decided to change the wording. The section should now be read as follows:-

We all frisked the female security official at the airport and I had to open my bag. Raul assures me that the X-Ray machine showed what appeared to be a gun in my bag. Much later after he had marveled at the contents of my toilet bag he told me to clear off.....". Now I hope that is clearer.

One night without Czech beer and I have to take the dog to the vet's. He's coughing like an idiot, a passive smoking problem I expect. (That's the dog - not the vet, Raul). The vet sounds like she's Polish and she doesn't seem to know what is causing the dog's cough. She's very keen to X-Ray him. Perhaps she'll spot a gun in there because I have absolutely no idea where the one in my bag went that the lady in Prague, who doesn't look anything like Raul, might or might not have thought she spotted.

Of course it might just have been Raul who spotted what he thought looked like a gun in my bag.

Back to the dog. I lift him into the car because his back legs are arthritic and my damn back pops or grinds or whatever backs do that causes pain. So now both dog and I are popping pills. The only difference is the dog's pills are ten times more expensive. That is the only difference because the dog's still coughing and I'm still in pain.

It's good to be home.
back 

arrow
teomalink