Thursday, November 11, 2004

Back to Bogsville

Thursday.

We breakfasted as usual and wandered off to the river. Funny how the weather gets warmer when you are leaving.

The cars in Prague tend to park nose into the pavements and as the pavements are high there are a lot of cars with front bumper damage. You notice things like that when it isn't pouring with rain.

We all got frisked at the airport and a uniformed lady told me to open my bag. Raul assures me that the X-Ray machine showed what appeared to be a firearm in my bag. I don't think so. Anyway after she had marveled at the contents of my toilet bag she told me to clear off so that was ok.

The flight was ..... well, a flight. When we landed I went through the "I've got fags to declare" channel and was unceremoniously ejected through an automatic door into the outside world without seeing any customs officials at all.

Whatever it was that worried the lady in Prague is now back home in Bogsville with me. Reassuring that. I hope the guy after me wasn't carrying a Kalashnikov or a kilo of Heroin. The customs officials must have been on a training course or tea-break. We're only human after all.

back 

arrow
teomalink