Tuesday, July 31, 2007

NHS Appointment Cancelled

The phone rang at 9:05 am.
Mrs B answered it. The call was for me.
"Guess who?" she said, handing me the phone.
It was the Eye Hospital.
"Hello Mr Bogs? I'm sorry to phone so early but I'm having to cancel your appointment this afternoon. The lady who does the field tests just phoned in sick. There's nothing I can do about it. We'll send you another appointment through the post."

So there you have it. Another National Health hospital appointment cancelled. This time I got five hours notice.
Wonderful system or at least it used to be before accountants started running the service.

March 5th - Cancelled
June 18th - Cancelled
July 31st - Cancelled
August 6th - Cancelled
IMPORTANT
The Trust's policy is not to automatically offer further Appointments to patients who fail to let us know they will not be attending.
back 

arrow
teomalink