Thursday, July 19, 2007

Tour de France

Track of the day - Interesting Indeed - Sean Kelly.

clouds_jpg
I am now addicted to the Tour de France cycle race.
I have been watching its progress on Eurosport, mainly to prove to myself that the sun is up there somewhere behind the clouds that regularly deposit gallons of water on Bogsville.

I particularly enjoy listening to Sean Kelly's summaries even though I can't actually make out a lot of what he says. I did try to get subtitles but there aren't any.
Why young men, some heavily bandaged, want to pedal up and down the Alps or the Pyrenees beats me, but it puts into perspective the pitiful whingeing of massively overpaid soccer players and cricketers who complain about feeling jaded.
Whatever these cyclists get paid to pedal up and down France it just isn't enough.

lifescreen link
back 

arrow
teomalink