Friday, July 20, 2007

Widow Shopping

Track of the day - Pawn Shop Blues - Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee.

wet pigeon_jpg
There are bird droppings on the top of our television set. The birds must have decided that it's too wet to roost in the trees and have started to come indoors to escape the rain. So far the chief suspect is a robin. I'm hoping that the pigeons stay outside.

This morning I donned my oilskins and trusty sou'wester and paddled along to the local shops to purchase yet another pack of cigarettes.
En route, I paused for a while, widow shopping at Cedric and Clive's little hairdressing salon. The window was full of women, whether they were widows or not is open to debate, but they had popped in out of the rain to have their bits teased and primped ready for the weekend.
widow shopping_jpg
I would have popped in too but I really don't fancy having my bits teased by either Cedric or Clive and if the lady on the right primped me I don't think I'd ever be able to walk again.

Meanwhile, the local Homebase superstore seems to think that the unseasonal weather will continue indefinitely. Either that or it is trying to attract local terrorist groups.
propane_jpg

lifescreen link
back 

arrow
teomalink