Thursday, December 14, 2006

Welcome To Scotland

Advent Calendar link.

Track of the day - Phoenix - Nerve Engine

We got off the plane yesterday and hung around for what seemed like hours for Herz to find our prebooked motor. Bored, I strolled off with my camera.
Two policemen appeared.
"Just arrived have you or are you just leaving?"
"Just arrived."
"It's an offence to take photographs in the terminal building without the permission of the Duty Manager. It's a security thing.
"
I'd just photographed the Welcome to Scotland - smoking is illegal etc. sign hanging from the ceiling and draped with Christmas baubles.
Eventually the policemen said they would trust me not to take any more photographs and let me rejoin the queue at the Herz desk where I mulled over how lucky I had been to escape summary execution.
On the way out I tried to find a sign to photograph that said I shouldn't be taking photographs. There wasn't one.

The rental car is the first Ford that I've ever driven and it stinks. I don't know what perfume Herz use when they valet their vehicles but I won't be using Herz again. I've had to buy an air freshener to mask the perfume. It's dire.
The car also has no smoking signs stuck all over the interior and the cigar lighter has cunningly been removed. Cigarette smoke is preferable to the stink of Herz.

logo_leeds_uk_heavymetal_rock_band_nerve engine.
A Nerve Engine MP3 to download :
Nerve Engine - Distance
or go to NE's My Space page to stream it.
Nerve Engine Gig Gallery
back 

arrow
teomalink