Monday, December 11, 2006

Dinnae Fesh Yersels

Advent Calendar link.

Track of the day - Hoots Mon - Lord Rockingham's XI

no smoking_sign_aberdeenMilt threw a wobbly at the crematorium. Being told to wait outside or sit quietly in one of the funeral cars while the blood relatives greeted the mourners was what finally did it.
Somehow I seem to have spent the whole of last week in car parks. God knows why they sell cigarettes in Scotland - you certainly can't smoke them anywhere except in car parks but 'dinnae fesh yersels' the loons're working on that wee discrepancy.
The summit of Ben Nevis will soon be classed as a public space so smoking up there will become illegal too. Personally I think it's time the Government cracked down on people piddling in swimming pools - and you thought it was the chlorine that was making your eyes sting!

I drive back down to Bogsville after a week asset stripping in Scotland and what do I find?
No sooner have I turned my back than they've sacked the splendid new manager of the Hole in the Ground Bar. He who cleaned his pipes regularly and purveyed sparkling beers is no more.
He is defunct.

jet trail_aberdeen_sunset_decemberAnd no sooner have I recovered from the horrors of motorway driving in December than I'm back off to Scotland again but we're flying this time. Another week away. We have a hire car booked - just. I couldn't find my driving licence. It's always in my wallet but it wasn't there.
We hunted high and low, upstairs and downstairs and even in my lady's handbag. Nothing.
Mrs B. phoned the DVLA and reported its loss. Then I looked in my wallet again and there it sat in all its glory. Very strange - but typical.

A week ago I was sitting in the Hole in the Ground scribbling notes on a pad. A guy asked me what I was writing down. I got the impression that he thought I was either police or a foreign spy. I explained that I noted things down so that I wouldn't forget them. I didn't tell him that it was for possible inclusion in a blog.
He seemed satisfied with the answer and then told me that he was a bouncer, that he suffered from Alzheimer's too and promptly bought me a pint. I accepted the pint and sat wondering why he thought I was an Alzheimer's sufferer. I hope he's forgotten that I was trying to chat up his wife.

logo_leeds_uk_heavymetal_rock_band_nerve engine.
A Nerve Engine MP3 to download :
Nerve Engine - Distance
or go to NE's My Space page to stream it.
Nerve Engine Gig Gallery
back 

arrow
teomalink