Tuesday, November 28, 2006

A New Church

Track of the day - Your Feet's Too Big - Fats Waller

Family folklore has it that an extremely wealthy relative who lived in Nassau, Bahamas, decided to buy his way into Heaven by financing the building of a new church.
This good deed would more than make up for all the pain and suffering that he had inflicted on anyone unfortunate enough to either live with or work for him.
As he crossed the street to hand over the cheque he was knocked down by a large motor car and rendered comatose.
He was taken to the local hospital where he remained in a coma until he died some weeks later. Perhaps he should have funded a new hospital.
The Lord moves in mysterious ways.

Mrs B is convinced that she has been reduced to skin and bone by her recent hospitalisations so I took her shopping for clothes this morning. She insisted on trying on everything that was marked Size 8. I think she must have very big bones or thick skin because Size 8 was far too small.

Which reminds me of a girl called Gaynor who was ashamed of her size seven and a half feet.
I could never understand why because no one ever looked at her feet.
One afternoon Gaynor came along with us to the local bowling alley where the bowling shoes were all clearly marked with their size on the back of the heel. She ordered a pair of fives, spent the afternoon in agony and never came bowling again.
Someone told me recently that she has now gone mad. I'm not sure that she was entirely sane back then but she was incredibly beautiful. I wore out a bicycle in my attempts to bump into Gaynor.

logo_leeds_uk_heavymetal_rock_band_nerve engine.
A Nerve Engine MP3 to download :
Nerve Engine - Distance
or go to NE's My Space page to stream it.
Nerve Engine Gig Gallery
back 

arrow
teomalink