Monday, May 29, 2006

Sprinting & Hurtling

Track of the day Blackwood - Eddie Daniels.

tub of vick vaporubIt's raining and the central heating is switched on. I am in desperate need of sunshine but unfortunately the wheezy weather woman suggests that more rain is on the way. I'm sure it's possible to mike up the weather woman so that every intake of breath doesn't whistle round my speakers. If it isn't I know someone who is more than willing to apply a soothing layer of Vick Vaporub to her chest.

It would have to be later on in the week because I'm a bit dehydrated today. Before you ask I've had no beer or any other form of alcohol for over a week. Anyway, at around 11.00pm last night I experienced severe griping pains and had to sprint to the bathroom, not once but three times. After the third frenzied trip I managed to fall asleep but was woken at 3.00am by a burning sensation and had to rush off to the bathroom again where the contents of my stomach hurtled upwards and out into the WC. Food poisoning I thought and crawled wretchedly back to bed where Mrs B was snoring contentedly.

This morning I broached the subject of last night's hurtling and was informed that the only thing I had eaten that she hadn't was some roast potatoes.

I thought it was more likely to have been the chicken than the roast potatoes but I didn't feel strong enough to argue the point.

I've been fed the chicken again tonight so if I have to rush off or hurtle again tonight I'll know it wasn't the roast potatoes.
back 

arrow
teomalink