Saturday, May 20, 2006

Superglue

Track of the day I'm a Bitch - Meredith Brooks.

agnethaI was hiding away in my first floor fun factory, tapping away at the keyboard and listening to a Sonny Rollins track when there was a loud scraping noise outside the window. The top end of a ladder appeared. Window cleaner I thought to myself. No he comes on a Wednesday not a Saturday.

I scooted off down the stairs to confront whoever it was and came face to face with chimney aka guttering man who is currently working over the road disguised as driveway man.

"Just happened to look over here and noticed that the downpipe I put up last week had fallen off, so I'm going to superglue it back in. That should fix it," he said and climbed up the ladder with the three foot length of errant plastic drainpipe. You can't beat a highly skilled British craftsman. Anyone know where I can find one?

Mind you, it's reassuring to know that he's got good eyesight even if he has problems with his downpipe. Makes you wonder how Frank Lloyd Wright managed to get all his buildings to hold together without superglue.
back 

arrow
teomalink