Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Another Miracle In Bogsville!

Track of the day Liverdance - Lawrence Cottle & the John Graham Band.

chimneymanAfter yesterday's no show, rain stopped pointing, we have chimney man on the roof and window man in the kitchen. Chimney man appears to have dropped off up there on the roof and window man is puttying just about everything in sight. No the windows are not the plastic variety.

Yesterday I was stuck in the house waiting to see if any workmen turned up. Today I'm stuck in the house because they have.

Google Cache

Last night Google's links for its cached pages had disappeared in Firefox. This morning they were still missing until I cleared the Firefox cache and voilà, all the cache links reappeared. Yet another miracle in Bogsville!

SonicStage 1 Milt Bogs 0

Last week Sony's excremental piece of software, SonicStage, refused to copy my Cds to the harddrive. Then I discovered that the jumper on the dvd drive should have been on the Master not the Slave setting. As soon as I put the jumper in the right hole everything worked fine. This just goes to show that stuff works better if you put it in the right hole.

I consumed one pint of beer as a reward for fixing the Firefox cache problem and three pints for sorting out the dvd drive. I now have a splitting headache, the computer is working fine.
back 

arrow
teomalink