Friday, May 05, 2006

Monday Is Cancelled

Track of the day The Girl Can't Help It - Little Richard.

lifeguardFor the second year running the NHS has cancelled my appointment at the Bogsville Eye Hospital. I was supposed to be going along there on Monday but now I don't have to go until July. Last year I dropped in for my rearranged appointment and the receptionist said,
"It's cancelled."
"No," I told her patiently, "the last one was cancelled, not this one. This is the rearranged appointment."
"This one's cancelled as well."
I refused to leave until someone examined my eyes.

Looks to me like the whole thing's happening again. Groundhog Day in Bogsville isn't as amusing as the original. I wouldn't mind but there's a paragraph at the bottom of the letter.
IMPORTANT The Trust's policy is not to automatically offer further appointments to patients who fail to let us know they will not be attending. If you wish to cancel this appointment please let us know as soon as possible. Your appointment can then be offered to someone else.
Chance would be a fine thing!

Lady Early 60s

Requires divorced/single retired family man 61/65.

I expect she requires him to do odd jobs. The odder the better if you ask me. Unfortunately she didn't include a telephone number so I'll never know.
back 

arrow
teomalink