Sunday, May 07, 2006

Shell Suspends Chip-And-Pin

Track of the day The Bridge (Podcast) - Sonny Rollins.

sonny rollinsThe February 14th introduction of chip and pin cards in the UK was supposed to do away with identity fraud so it's about par for the course to learn that Shell has suspended chip-and-pin payments in 600 UK petrol stations after more than £1m was taken from its customers' accounts. BP is also looking into card fraud at petrol stations in Worcestershire but it is not yet known if this is chip-and-pin related. You can apparently still pay for your fuel, goods or services with your card by swipe and signature. Sounds like I'm being ripped off three times at every visit to the pumps - once by the petrol companies, once by the tax man and now by the fraudsters too.

Polo Fan Belt

I am unreliably informed by a VW Polo driver that you have to take the wing off to replace what I call the fan belt but is probably the alternator belt. Sounds wrong to me. Expert opinion welcome.

Sonny Rollins

I'm off to London on Friday. I was going to drive but I've been encouraged to travel by train. For some reason Sonny Rollins doesn't play gigs at the Bogsville Memorial Hall. Come to think of it, no one plays gigs at the Bogsville Memorial Hall, which is why I'm having to travel to London. So if anyone is at Euston Station at 7,00pm next Friday May 12 and sees a poor old bogger looking lost...
back 

arrow
teomalink