Tuesday, May 16, 2006

NHS Dentists & Microsoft

Track of the day Still Of The Night - Whitesnake.

headstoneI made a flying visit to my little Oriental dentist this morning.

It doesn't seem like six months since the last time I was peering at her upside down face but it must be.

Today she was struggling with the latest NHS software package kindly sent to her by one of that nice Mr Blair's cronies. According to her Microsoft powered computer my treatment could cost £48 or £189 depending on how what she does to me is priced up by the zombie at the other end of the terminal in the NHS accounts office.

Every conceivable combination of dental treatment known to mankind was listed in the drop down boxes on her computer screen - except for the one she was offering me.

Mind you I can think of a couple more treatments that weren't listed in the dropdown boxes either but I think I'd have to go privately for them. Come to think of it, going privately or even flying to China to have the work done might work out cheaper.

Suffering

I drank my way round London and suffered not. I get back to balmy Bogsville, drop into the Tulip & Tiara bar and am immediately struck down by some stomach bug or other. Drinking pints of anything in Bogsville bars is the equivalent of pushing the self destruct button and it's a hell of a laxative.
back 

arrow
teomalink