Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Wisemonkey Blair & Crumple Zones

Video of the day Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen.

blairmonkeyIt's reassuring to hear that thanks to Wisemonkey Blair some GPs can clear £250,000 a year after deductions. I suppose I've left it too late to retrain.

At least I now know why they try to book me in for a cholesterol test or a flu jab every time I go down to the local surgery to get a repeat prescription for eye drops.

Every cholesterol test is worth points in their quest to meet targets and points mean money, money, money.

Crumple Zones Are Good For You

Modern cars are very safe. It's something to do with crumple zones.

I know this for a fact because two cars collided head on outside our house yesterday. Although the vehicles were very badly crumpled, neither driver was injured, which is a pity because they were driving like lunatics, if it's ok to say lunatics nowadays. I'm sure that most lunatics are very good drivers.

To celebrate their miraculous escape one driver fetched a bottle of 12 year old malt whisky out of his boot and offered it to the other who drank half the bottle.
"Thanks I needed that," he said and handed the bottle back.
"Not just now thanks," said the other driver, "I'll wait until after the police have been."

Which just goes to prove that you should never trust a man who drives around with a bottle of 12 year old malt in the boot of his car.
back 

arrow
teomalink