Saturday, March 11, 2006

Made To Order

Track of the day Don't Play It Again Sam - Carola Grey.

wellingtonI've always wanted a pair of made to measure shoes. I know the wellington isn't the most fashionable boot but I hurried in to get measured up anyway.

dogAt first all was well but then I noticed that every dog in the area had come out to greet me. Don't get me wrong, I like dogs but not that much.

New Modem

A guy in a yellow jacket appeared at the door.
"Telewest," he said.
Mrs B. was unmoved. "We don't have Telewest. We're with Sky."
"Blueyonder," he told her.
"Oh yes, we've still got a phone account."
"I'm here about a slow running problem with the internet. I've come to change the modem."
Mrs B. guessed it was something I'd arranged so she called me.
I told him we didn't have a problem with the modem, just with new backup software wiping the system. This confused him totally. He asked if he could see the modem anyway. As he'd got a modem with him I let him exchange it for the old one. It looks the same. It just has a different number on the front and a button that sends it to sleep. I'd like a button on the front that sends me to sleep.
He set the modem up and left me to sort out the wireless router. Not as easy a job as it should have been, because I couldn't remember the admin password I'd set for it. Eventually I found a pencil that would fit in the reset hole and now I've got lights flashing everywhere again and am supplying the whole area with high quality wireless network signals.

Pencils are much underrated. I think it's stopped raining.
back 

arrow
teomalink