Wednesday, March 08, 2006

It'll Probably Get Worse

Track of the day Cold Sweat - James Brown.

bollocks!Shortly after the computer was declared sorted yesterday, the bloody thing went Pfft again. This time I had wandered off while it did a backup on the new external drive. I came back an hour and a half later and found a screen full of error messages from the backup software. File after file was failing some test or other so I switched everything off. Big mistake. The computer couldn't boot, not even from the XP installation disks. I cleared off to bed and this morning began the long task of reformatting and reinstalling everything I could lay my hands on.

I've still got my photographs and mp3 files. I've managed to find some of my blog files and a few emails, but I am rapidly getting peed off with the whole damn thing. I suppose I should have read the instruction manual for the backup software. I just love the way they hide them away as pdf files on the installation disk.

Tomorrow? Who knows? It'll probably get worse. It usually does.

Dudley Council

I see that the jolly little people on Dudley Council have been at it again. This time they've refused planning permission for a cross outside a Methodist church. They say it's an advertisement and clearly a breach of the Government's planning regulations. I hope no one's thinking of erecting a minaret on top of a local mosque. That could really cause Dudley Council chiefs some serious grief.

They seem to make a pig's ear of just about everything in Doodlay.
back 

arrow
teomalink