Friday, March 17, 2006

Heaven Isn't As I Remember It

Track of the day If You're Not In It For Love - Shania Twain.

bullIt's too damn cold outside. I'm waiting for Spring and nothing's happening. Last year the blossom was out on the trees at the front of the house but this year there aren't even any buds showing.

In time honoured fashion I decided to get off my backside and do something about it. I waited for a break between the snow showers and Volvoed off to see Grandpa in "Heaven". I wish I hadn't.

Heaven isn't as I remember it. The guy in the office suggested I went to Bogsville Town Hall to get a plot number and map reference that would show me where the grave was. I say was because "Heaven's" a bit overgrown and rundown these days. Some of the headstones are still upright but the graves themselves are either falling apart or overgrown with grass and weeds.
There's a military section that is well looked after and a Jewish section that looks cared for but the rest of the 24 acre site is a disgrace.
By the time I got home I was glad I wasn't a brass monkey. I'm sticking to my plot in the local shop window from where I'll be watching all the girls go by.
back 

arrow
teomalink