Sunday, January 29, 2006

Woman In A Short Skirt

Track of the day Down Yonder - Del Wood.

gust of windWhen we got to the top of the tower a stiff breeze came up from nowhere. It swirled around the rooftop for a while and then decided to take off vertically and have a bit of fun.

Sunshine, a brown legged woman in a short skirt, a Minolta camera and a gust of wind. What more could a guy ask for?

I've been spending time with a new scanner and boxes of color slides of people and places that I'd forgotten all about. Stopping off here must be like going to visit one of those houses where all you hear is, "Oh and before you go I really must just show you our dreadful wedding album".

Modem upstream channel

Months ago I got an email from my service provider, Blueyonder, promising a blazing speed increase. Did I get it? No.

I read somewhere that changing the upstream channel ID number of my modem might help. As a result I've changed from Upstream Channel 2 to Upstream Channel 3. I've also been on Channel 1. Has it made a difference? No, not really.

I just love the way Service Providers make promises that they don't have the technology to honor, purely to attract new customers. Most spell checks want to replace 'Blueyonder' with 'Blunderer'. Seems appropriate somehow.
back 

arrow
teomalink