Saturday, January 21, 2006

Public Health & Hygiene

Track of the day When The Levee Breaks - Led Zeppelin.

I'm off on my travels for a while. Off to pay my last respects and meet a few people I haven't seen for a long time.

It's probably just as well because it's been "battle the bars" time here recently. I've enlisted the help of the Public Health and Hygiene people. To play fair I've notified the bar owners too, so they know what I'm doing. It just beats me why a bar should be able to serve food and drink when they have toilets that are full to the brim with human waste. If you are ever in Bogsville avoid the Hole in the Ground bar.

While the rest of the world lives in fear of bird flu, we in Bogsville fight the rising tide of disease that is yet again threatening to overflow from the washrooms there.

Dudley Horses

Up to a dozen horses have been ambling around the streets of Amblecote in Stourbridge UK, frightening motorists.

Amblecote is the place where they put a bus shelter behind railings so that people could wait in the shelter but not get to the bus when it arrived. I guess that locals got fed up with these arrangements and decided to fall back on horse power.

Dudley Council's Phil Parker said the local council does not employ a horse bailiff and the local police force say they don't have anyone trained to deal with horses. It wasn't like that in the old days.
back 

arrow
teomalink