Friday, January 27, 2006

Sven Goran Eriksson

Track of the day Let There Be Drums - Sandy Nelson.

svenYou have to feel sorry for that nice, highly paid, international soccer manager Sven Goran Eriksson don't you?

The scurrilous British press has forced the poor guy to announce that he'll quit his job after the next Soccer World Cup and accept a £3 million ($5.3 million) pay off. I know just how he feels.

After I'd worked for the same people for over 20 years I was given a long service award. They gave me a voucher for £200. That's less than £10 for every year I'd worked for them. Just about what I deserved, I guess, or as one of the guys said, "Rather more than you are worth to us actually Milt."

If you need any help spending the £3 million Sven please email me. As you can see, I have vast experience in high finance.

Change one thing

Boots have a site for people who have problems keeping New Year resolutions. If you are a compulsive link clicker and want to give up smoking, de-stress, eat well, look great, get fit or lose weight, go and visit. Unfortunately there isn't a page for people who can't make up their mind which link to click so I'm stuck on the first page, activating the mouse overs. Well designed page though.

UK Transplant

You can find out about UK Transplant here.
Since 1 April 2005
1,818 people have received transplants
632 people have donated organs
6,550 people are still waiting for transplants
an additional 1,407 people have donated corneas.
back 

arrow
teomalink