Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I Flashed My Bios

Track of the day Love For Me - Ashlee Simpson.

exitwaterLast night I had today's post complete. As far as I can remember it was a masterpiece and then Pfftt! it just disappeared. I pressed the wrong button and it had gone for ever. I just love it when that happens.

I'm ashamed to admit that I flashed my bios about two weeks ago. It was the first time for about three years. I don't know why I did it. It was just one of those on impulse, unplanned moments, that come along when you are bored out of your skull and that land you in deep shite. A bit like that blonde coming out of the sea only this time I got away with it.

All was well until yesterday when I decided that the computer wasn't running as fast as it had been before my moment of madness so I dived into the very entrails of the bios setup screens and found that everything was set to the default safe crawl settings. The processor was running at 100Khz instead of 166Khz etc. etc. so I tweaked a few entries and am now waiting for smoke, sparks and flames. Sometimes I don't know how I handle all the excitement here in Bogsville.

Les Parkouristes

Last year I watched a film on Channel 4 about a group of unbelievably athletic young Frenchmen who ran and jumped their way round London's landmark buildings. It seems like the "sport" is spreading, so if you have five minutes to spare, watch this amazing Russian guy doing the same kind of thing round derelict buildings and a bus.
back 

arrow
teomalink