Monday, January 30, 2006

HMHS Dorsetshire

Track of the day Sing Sing Sing - Benny Goodman.

nursesI always felt sorry for my father. All those years he spent in the 1940s as a radiographer on a hospital ship.

Years taking pictures of broken bones when he could have been out doing whatever it was that young men did in those days.

That was until I found this picture of wartime life on the Dorsetshire. I know it's the Dorsetshire because the name is visible on the lifeboat. I don't know who the two women are. I assume they were nurses. They are wearing even bigger pants than the lady yesterday. Who cares? The girl at the back looks great to me.

I'm posting this picture just in case any of you had mothers or grandmothers who served on the hospital ship Dorsetshire. If you know or knew either of these ladies, drop me a line.

Big pants seem to be coming back into fashion so here's a link to an really big pair of pants.
back 

arrow
teomalink