Saturday, July 30, 2005

Wireless Network And Grilled Fish

I spent the best part of yesterday setting up a wireless network so that she with ants in her pants can access the web whenever she wants. She discovered that her laptop tuned in automatically to some poor sucker's network whenever she switched on. Not only was she content to pinch his bandwidth, she also complained bitterly when he switched off and the connection died on her.

Connecting the wireless router was easy . Making it secure proved more difficult. I ended up with the router being so secure that I couldn't access it at all. It is now working perfectly. She has a choice of two networks while everybody else in the area only has the choice of one. Hardly fair but that's life.

Now that Mrs B. has unlimited, paid for, access here, she has disappeared to visit her brother for a few days. I remain, as always, blind, deaf and arthritic dog sitting.

Volvo decided to choose today to refuse to start. It's my fault for not driving it anywhere. The battery was flatter than a pint of beer in the Hole in the Ground bar but thanks to Raul, the battery is now charged.

the fish was overdoneAs Friday is traditionally fish day round here, I decided to grill because I'm assured it's healthier cooked that way. The bad news is I didn't hear the pinger thing.

The good news is that the fish didn't set off the monitored fire alarm and bring appliances rushing to put out the blaze. The fish didn't taste too good.

back 

arrow
teomalink