Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Levi's 501s

miltjeans
If all this sewing of pants is getting you down have a look at this product for those who have less than perfect bladder etc. control.

Back to Levi's

What do you do when your favorite Levis 501s wear out? Not just wear out but become fashionably ripped and holey in all the wrong places? You go and buy a replacement pair. Right? Wrong. You unstitch two pairs and then try to sew them together by putting a new front on the original back.

So far I have successfully managed to machine sew the back of the right leg to the back of the left leg, thus producing a very large tube.

After hours of unpicking, tacking and resewing I've finally got two legs that I've got to join to the waistband. I really don't know why I started this. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Now I have to finish it to prove that I can do it. Whether I will ever be able to wear the damn things is another matter entirely.

Today I am mostly feeling stitched up.

What happened to Summer?

Here in Bogsville we are enjoying temperatures of 16°C and lower than that at night. It's freezing. Global warming, sheeesh!

weather

Finished

miltjeans

In answer to those of you who are asking, "Why doesn't he just go and buy a new pair?" I will but I won't pay Bogsville prices. When Bogsville shops charge $80+ a pair rather than the $40+ elsewhere prices, I'd rather stick a front and back together so that I've got one pair I can wear rather than two pairs that I can't. I'm probably the only person in the whole World who still darns socks.

back 

arrow
teomalink