Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Sydney's Champion Shuffler Exposed

Ed McBain

I've just been informed that Ed McBain died at the weekend. What a blow! I've been reading his 87th Precinct books and everything else he wrote under whatever pseudonym, since Pa discovered him in the late 1950s. Thanks for everything Ed, Evan et al., I'll miss you. There's a link to his site in the sidebar.

Reshuffling Sydney

Following on from yesterday's sad news about missing the San Francisco "five knuckle shuffle" day, here's an interesting piece about the lengths one Australian guy was prepared to go to in his quest for sexual fulfillment. The headline read

Keen masturbator spiked own drink with rohypnol.

tosser

Coming from the continent where it's well known that tossing is universally frowned on, it has to be a joke. Sydney bars can't be full of wankers can they?

tosser
Use an ashtray?

The Google Ads have gone. I ripped them out last night. My one moment of fame came when the ads displayed William S Burroughs for a week next to something or other I wrote. At least there's more street cred in Burroughs than rectal bleeding.

back 

arrow
teomalink