Tuesday, July 05, 2005

"Caesar Swung Both Ways"- Discuss.

Non Appoggiarsi

Here's a picture from some Italian trip or other. It shows that those among you who are not of a podgy arsi design are at risk of falling backwards through half open Italian train doors.

"Let me have men about me that are fat;
Sleek-headed men and such as sleep o' nights;
Yond' Cassius has a lean and hungry look;
He thinks too much: such men are dangerous."
Somewhere in Julius Caesar by W.S.

It is a little known fact that Shakespeare spent considerable time traveling on Italian trains before he wrote Julius Caesar. He phoned last night to ask me to point out that "men" here has the traditional meaning of human beings of either sex. Julius obviously swung both ways.

Not many people know that.

If Life Seems Dull

If your life sometimes seems as dull and lifeless as an old nail clipping, you should consider starting up a dog walking business in New York. The idea came to me when I spotted a New York dog walking tale. The dogs seemed to take it all in their stride, but then dogs do, or should that be doo-doo?

Latest News

First the bad news.
One - The stainless steel garden fork I bought recently turned out to have a loose handle.
Two - I felt I ought to go and pay the vet's bill for Dog's overnight stay in the local emergency pet hospital.
Three - I just reversed the damn car into a seriously solid lamp post.

Now the good news.
The fork was exchanged for one without a loose handle.
The local vet has no record of any outstanding bill for Dog's treatment.
The car that should have a lamp post shaped dent running from top to bottom of its rear end doesn't have a mark on it.

Things seem to be looking up - temporarily.

back 

arrow
teomalink