Friday, July 01, 2005

Voluntary Euthanasia

As soon as I reached the ripe, wrinkled age of fifty, I received a letter through the post. It was from the Voluntary Euthanasia Society. They never wrote again.

They must have thought I'd died.

At some point I think they passed the information on to the pension paying people because they stopped paying. I phoned and asked what had happened to the payments. The girl explained that the post kept being returned as undeliverable so they assumed I'd died or gone away.

I pointed out that there was a difference. She agreed and was kind enough to raise me from the dead. Metaphorically speaking that is.

Cheapest Lady

I just passed a sign that read - Cheapest Lady's Tee In Town.

I'm going back later on to have another look. I don't care about the Tee. Just want to find out who the cheapest lady in town is.

back 

arrow
teomalink